SPECIAL EVENTS VENUE
Once known as the Pipe-fitters Building, where ships piping systems were constructed, the Pipe Shop Venue is an exquisite restored heritage building, available for special events.
9,000 square feet of open concept event space available for community events, weddings, corporate events, trade shows, conferences, and private parties. With exposed, original wooden beams, concrete floors and globe lighting installed the Pipe Shop Venue boast exclusivity and excitement.
NEW BUILDING FEATURES
Construction is complete on the Pipe Shop Venue capital improvements. With a special thanks to the City of North Vancouver, the scope of work includes:
repair and paint (white walls) of existing drywall surfaces to entire venue. Installation of new washrooms, and installation of new open concept “servery” kitchen, the food preparation area. Domestic hot water, passive ventilation with the installation of ceiling fans.
New full height (23 ft) feature wall for A/V projections with frame. A 16″ x 9″ opening cut into the wall (frame) complete with lighting tucked in behind to allow for better ambiance later at night.
Why is it called the “Pipe Shop”? This venue was originally built in the 1940s, and was once known as the Pipefitters building, where ships pipe systems were laid out for new ships.
Is there parking available? Parking is not included in the venue rental fee, however there is public parking available along Wallace Mews (metered parking) and at the Pinnacle Hotel. There is free parking available evenings and weekends at the ICBC parkade, courtesy of Lonsdale Quay Market.
How large is the space? 9,000 sq. ft of open industrial chic warehouse space. Please see or download the floor plan here.
Are rentals included in the venue rental fee? No, the space is a blank canvas making it 100% personalized. All rentals including (but not limited to) tables, chairs, A/V, ladders, garbage bins, garbage bags, etc, everything will need to be brought in by the occupant. Please see our preferred vendors below for suggestions.
How do I confirm my booking? A $500.00 non-refundable booking fee and a $500.00 damage deposit is required to confirm the booking and is payable upon signing this agreement. The full payment is due 60 days prior to the event. Cheques are preferred form of payment, we do not accept credit cards. Professional wedding planners are required.
What is your cancellation policy? Any group cancelling within six weeks of the booking will be charged the full room rental. The booking deposit is non-refundable.
What’s included in the venue rental fee? Full day venue rental, access time is 9:00 am, set up can take place any time on the day of the event. Beautiful globe lights permanently installed, and post event cleaners. Please note: NO items can be stored onsite over night. Please note all rentals must be picked up that night, late night charges may be applied) by 11:59 pm.
What are the decor rules: White walls and heritage pillars = all decor must be free standing, ie nothing can be taped, stapled or nailed to the walls including the feature “frame” wall. It is for projection only. Absolutely NO nails, tacks, staples or duct tape is to be used. All decorations must be approved by Quay Property Management before installation, and must be removed immediately after the event. Candles must be enclosed in a votive. No tapered candles. LED candles are preferred. Pre-approved decorations hung from ceiling and walls must be removed by event organizers. No dry ice or smoke machines are to be used at any point during the event. No helium balloons, no loose materials such as confetti, or glitter, no tents inside (sprinkler system). Ensure everything is removed carefully and thoughtfully as charges will be applied for any remaining items left in the space.
Can alcohol be served? Yes, with a BC Special Event Permit.
Who are are your preferred vendors?
- Wedding & Event Planners: Smitten Events www.smittenevents.ca, Petite Pearl www.petitepearlevents.com, filosophi www.filosophi.com
- Rentals: Lonsdale Event Rentals email@example.com www.lonsdaleevents.com, Debut Event Design: firstname.lastname@example.org www.debuteventdesign.ca, Bespoke Decor: email@example.com www.bespokedecor.ca, Bold Event Creative: firstname.lastname@example.org www.boldeventcreative.com, Lounge Works: email@example.com www.loungeworks.ca
- Catering: Savoury Chef: firstname.lastname@example.org www.savourychef.com, Louis Gervais Catering: www.louisgervaiscatering.com, Truffles Fine Foods www.trufflesfinefoods.com White Table Catering: www.whitetablecatering.com, Culinary Capers www.culinarycapers.com
- Photography: The Apartment Photography: www.theapartmentphotography.com, Vancouver Photo Booth: www.vancouverphotobooth.com
- Florals: Garden Party Flowers: email@example.com www.gardenpartyflowers.ca
- Accommodation: Lonsdale Quay Hotel firstname.lastname@example.org www.lonsdalequayhotel.com, Pinnacle Hotel: Pinnacle Hotel At the Pier